March 17, 2020 – Coronavirus Update, Temporary Closure.
As a charity committed to the health and well being of children and young people, Ludus Dance have taken the decision to close our building temporarily and suspend provision of our services in light of advice from Public Health England. Henceforth, we are postponing recruitment for the following roles. Please see our homepage for the latest updates.
Lead Artist: FILM
We are looking for an experienced professional film artist to lead on an exciting young person focused arts and health initiative called State of Flux.
Funded by BBC Children in Need and working in partnership with The Cove (a Tier 3 Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service in Heysham, Lancaster), the film artist will work alongside us to develop a regular inclusive programme of activities for young people with poor mental health outcomes.
Working towards the creation of short films and/ or 360-degree VR experiences combining movement and sound (score, found, spoken) the artist will use their skills and experiences to help the young people realise ideas and themes relevant to them. The work will then culminate in a curated public event for the local community, where the young people’s work will be showcased.
The successful artist will have the skills to engage meaningfully with young people facing significant challenges and be able to adopt an inclusive approach so as to enable them to reach their full potential.
Application Deadline: POSTPONED
Shortlisted applicants will be informed on Monday 23rd March and invited to attend an interview on the w/c 30th March 2020.
Induction week: W/c 13th April 2020 Project delivery start: Tuesday 21st April 2020
To download the full Job Description and Person Specification as well as an application form click the buttons below or email email@example.com.
This recruitment is taking place under the conditions of our Single Equality Action Plan and Policy. Ludus Dance welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are a Disability Confident Committed employer.
Call out: Ludus Youth Dance Company: Environmental Dance Promenade Piece Choreographer (Freelance)
Ludus Dance is interested to hear from a choreographer with significant experience of working with young people for a new environmental commission funded by the Lancaster BID (Business Improvement District).
Working with Ludus Youth Dance Company, the successful choreographer will create an outdoor promenade contemporary performance work that highlights the work local businesses are doing to reduce, re-use and recycle.
This work will be performed as part of BIG Up North Dance Theatre Festival, as well as platform events and festivals across the North West.
Job Description & Person Specification:
Responsible and reports to: Youth Company Director
Responsible for: Creation of a 4-7 minute outdoor, promenade performance with LYDC
Fee: Delivery fee of £500 (£250pd X2 days of work)
Travel expense: 0.40p per mile
Accommodation: Arranged by Ludus if required
Base: Ludus Dance, Assembly Rooms, King Street, Lancaster, LA1 1RE
Period of contract: April 5th & 6th
Period of notice: 2 weeks
Date current: February 2020
· Educated to degree level in dance or the equivalent direct relevant experience
· Experience of choreographing work with young people for non-traditional contexts (town centres, libraries, museums etc…)
· Experience of making work with a clear and strong political focus (desirable)
· Strong and versatile facilitation/delivery skills
· Ability to work with a variety of stimulus materials in order to support the learning and development of groups
· An up-to-date DBS certificate and Public Liability Insurance
· A safeguarding level 1 certificate (desirable)
· Ability to work independently and as part of a small team
· A highly motivated and professional approach and attitude
· A demonstrable commitment to healthy and safe working environments
· An understanding of and commitment to equal opportunities and working in an anti-oppressive manner
· A commitment to the organisations and its partners core missions and overall development
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Complete research around plastic pollution
· Develop a comprehensive 2day plan for creating, refining and polishing a live outdoor performance work
· Work with the young people to create and structure material into a cohesive and accessible piece of choreography
· Run morning class for the company
· Adhere to safe practice principles within the studio and Ludus Dance’s safeguarding policy when working with children and young people
· Contribute to evaluation processes during and after the event
Please submit an up to date CV and covering letter (no more than one page) on your suitability of the role. We would also like to see either a link to footage or up to three image attachments of your work. Please send all application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submissions: POSTPONED
For more information on the project please contact Kate Threlfall 01524 35936 / email@example.com