Get 2018 off to a flying start and book onto our two day dance & mental health awareness course.
Led by Rachel Liggitt, Director of Shropshire Inclusive Dance, this training will equip
you with the skills to provide high quality dance experiences for children and young
people as well as supporting their mental health and wellbeing.
The course will provide practical movement and dance approaches to support
children and young people living with or at risk from experiencing a mental health
condition. The course will combine practice and theory to support your own
professional dance practice.
- Explore why dancing is good for young people’s mental health
- Develop transferable skills for working with children and young people in dance
- Explore mindfulness in our dance approach and explore techniques associated with creating an empowering dance environment
- Experience practical ideas and tools and receive a course handbook to take away
- We welcome those working in health and wellbeing settings with young people or
those wanting to develop their skills in this area including dance artists, healthcare practitioners, CAMHS staff, sports and activity coaches, community arts practitioners, students/graduates.
Date: Tuesday 27th and Wednesday 28th March 2018, 9.30-4.30
Location: Ludus Dance, Assembly Rooms, Lancaster, LA1 1RE
£80 (Organisation) £65 (Self Employed) £50 (Graduate/Student)
To secure a place on the course click here to download and complete a booking form. All booking forms should be returned to email@example.com