A micro playground for testing new ideas
Friday 1st March 2019 12pm – 9pm
A new test space for raw, unfinished, unmade and/or challenging artist content.
For one full day, we are opening our doors to local performance artists to present new and unfinished ideas/ concepts to lovely northern audiences in an informal setting.
We welcome local North West based makers and performers to submit content in the early stages of its development to gain valuable feedback on direction and focus.
It can be a full piece, half of one, a section, a single moment, an installation, durational, intimate one on one, whatever. All we ask is that;
- It has had limited exposure to audiences
- It is not a full polished work (as we cannot pay you to perform, sorry)
- Simple lighting and technical requirements (basically on and off and we can do projection) and is adaptable to quick turnarounds
- It sits nicely in one of our spaces (big studio, small studio, hallway, steps, chair lift) and could either happen during the day or for the ‘sit down’ bit in the evening
- It is self-supporting in terms of set, props and costume
- It challenges, subverts and provokes response (good or bad)
- You are open and willing to receive honest feedback from general audiences
If you are interested in sharing something at Slapdash, all you need do is complete this simple proposal form – https://goo.gl/forms/vgiY0XNJbdreRINv2
Video footage would be most welcome, however not essential, as we are also open to improvised ideas happening right then and there.
Deadline for submission: Monday 4th February 2019 12pm
Successful artists on this occasion will be informed by Tuesday 5th February
The event itself will take place on Friday 1st March, between 12pm and 9pm.
Ludus Dance will also provide 60% of the box office income to be divided equally between all participating artists/ makers.
If you have any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.