Ludus Dance is seeking expressions of interest from freelance dance artists to deliver our brand new class for adults aged 50 years plus.
‘Social Movements’ will be a fun and creative dance class with a focus on mobility and fitness. The class is scheduled to take place Monday evenings from 6:00-7:00pm.
- Provide weekly engaging dance sessions with a focus on keeping older bodies moving
- Hold a record of lesson plans (Ludus Dance may request access to these at any time)
- Assist struggling participants and suggest corrections as appropriate
- Lead warm-ups and/or dance exercises and creative tasks as required
- Be a source of positive and enthusiastic energy in the class
- Offer encouragement to dance students during the class
- Hand out any letters or consent forms for performances and/or events
- Answer basic questions that participants may have
- Provide a fun and supportive learning environment for older dancers
- Keep an eye out for potential hazards like untied shoelaces or poor spacing/awareness
- Experience of facilitating community dance classes
- Qualified to degree level in dance or an equivalent dance qualification/experience
- An ability to inspire and engage people through dance
- Good communication skills
- Personable manner, flexible approach and positive attitude
- Good organisation and planning skills
- Currently registered as self-employed
Fees: Up to £30ph (dependent on experience)
Closing Date: Monday 3rd September, 10am
To apply, please submit a current CV and a covering letter of no more than 500 words outlining your experience and suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check if they do not already have one.
We look forward to hearing from you.